Well, folks, Monday is knocking at our door again. My initial reaction to that news is to break down crying. However, I’m going to try to stay positive and make the most of this workweek. We got this. Yo.
Before I dive back into the exciting world of Outlook calendar invites, Excel spreadsheets, and the occasional PowerPoint presentation, I wanted to highlight why this weekend was awesome:
1. I did no work.
2. We went to a rocking first birthday party for Big Daddy Zane. Zane’s parents, Josh and Avery-Lynn, are some of our dearest friends. Hanging with cool babies like Zane and “Fresh Prince” Will Smith(son) have helped make me less terrified about having kids. Avery-Lynn did an amazing job decorating and cooking for the party. Never underestimate the power of The Hyphen.
Here’s an example of Zane’s coolness. He has a talk show.
3. I ate some stellar fajitas at an awesome Colombian Christmas party hosted by Natalia on Friday night. This epic throwdown was at Sol Mexican Grill on H Street. Natalia used this fun and festive event to raise more than $200 for DC Doors, a non-profit that serves the Latino homeless community in the DC area. You go, guuuuurl!
Amanda (+ two babies), Natalia, Ashley, and Ryan Gosling
4. The Christmas Tea. Although I’ve been going to Capital City Church for nearly five years, this was my first time rocking out at the “Beautiful You” Christmas Tea. I shouldn’t have waited so long. It was a stunningly beautiful event. More importantly, it was so inspiring to hear Christine Caine share stories about the work the A21 Campaign is doing around the world to fight human trafficking. Of course, like any respectable Christmas event, tacos were involved:
Props to Kerry for generously paying for everyone’s lunch after I jokingly thanked him for picking up the tab. We should go car shopping together. I tried to pay his generosity forward by buying tacos for the two ladies in line behind me. They were pretty stoked, but also confused.
Here’s some more Beautiful Dudes who helped out at the Christmas Tea:
5. I liked this incredible Christmas tree at The Willard Hotel. A lot.
I also liked this girl:
6. My dear friend Hannah posted an amazing series of photos showing her adventures with a gingerbread man named Stefan over the weekend. You need to follow her on Instagram (@lovehannxoxo) to check out ridiculousness like this:
7. It was fun hanging out (and laughing) with these two:
That is Amanda, my wife, and Teresa, not my wife. However, Teresa and her husband, Marcel, have been incredible new additions to the Cap City Church family.
8. I got to see this guy:
(I see you posing like you’re not posing.)
9. I ate a lot of Oreos.
Thus, I decided to make a music video about it. Coming soon.
10. I got to rock out at our church’s DC site today. I usually hang out at the CapCityKingstowne location, but I had a blast getting funky with the DC crowd. Christine Caine shared an incredible message about making the most of your current situation instead of always looking towards the next “best” thing. That’s always been something I’ve struggled with, so it was a wonderful reminder. I also made my second Miley Cyrus joke while MCing a church service. That’s a win.
11. Most importantly, this photobomb:
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful week!