I’m stoked to be having a little dudette in a few months (and a dude too)! I recently made a list of instructions telling my son how to be a man. Well, even though I’m not speaking from experience, here is what I’ll tell my daughter about being a woman:
(1) You will always be daddy’s little princess.
(2) You will be an awesome cook.
(3) You should always act like a lady.
I think that just about covers it. Class dismissed.
Wait, hold up yo?!
None of that is true!
Here’s what I’ll actually tell Ms. Britney Spears M——– (name changed to protect the employed):
1. Always be yourself. Don’t let anyone, not even your parents, force you to be someone you’re not. If you want to be a pink-loving princess, awesome. We’ll have epic tea parties that will blow your mind. However, I’m not-so-secretly hoping you’ll be a no-holds-barred scientist and want a microscope for Christmas. I would say Governor, Senator, or President, but that usually involves being a lawyer. You shouldn’t do that. However, it’s up to you.
2. Respect everyone else. That includes your brother, our dog(s), and, most importantly, our white couch.
3. You don’t have to watch, like, or play sports. However, you will love the Washington Nationals.
See you in March, dudette.